Remote learning code of conduct
All students must agree to abide by our IT Code of Conduct when using our services
- As with all Dumfries and Galloway College IT services, you are bound by our IT Policy
- When using MS Teams, you are expected to behave as you would in face to face settings.
- If you are joining a live online teaching session in MS Teams your camera and microphone should typically both be off unless asked to use them by your lecturer.
- If you are not engaging with the lesson and are giving cause for concern, your lecturer can remove you from the teaching session.
- Anything typed into the chat is stored and visible by all members of the team.
- Anything you write into the chat area must not breach confidentiality.
- When using MS Teams chat you must not do anything that might be considered discriminatory against, or bullying and harassment of, another member of the College community.
- Where a breach of the IT regulations is considered to have come about through unacceptable behaviour, it will be handled through the College’s Disciplinary Procedure as appropriate.